Monday, August 4, 2008

That Zum Mallen House Again










A while back, I posted a photo of a home that was in Tenney at some point, and asked for input from my wonderful Tenney readers to find out if they knew where this house sat in Tenney. Obviously, it is not there anymore, and there were no clues in the photo to determine its location. A gentleman from New Jersey related to the Zum Mallens had sent this photo to me, thinking I may know something about it (I didn’t). It was the home of Christ and Helen Zum Mallen. Helen was a cousin of Annie (Mrs. William) Kath.

After posting the photo on this blog, I heard from Dawayne Novak, saying this Zum Mallen home looked like the one that used to sit on the east side of Tenney, just to the northeast of the Highway 55 gravel road entrance to Tenney. If that is indeed the place, in later years it was the house of Dawayne’s aunt and uncle, Ernest and Verna Jacklitch. Some of you may remember that Ernest and Verna later moved to a home west of the Larson Store and south of the Tenney School.

If any of you Tenney people out there think this may be the home that Ernest and Verna Jacklitch once lived in on the east side of Tenney, please let me know.

No comments: