Thursday, March 20, 2008

Do You Know This House?


I recently heard from a gentleman who lives in Parsippany, New Jersey, and whose grandmother was born in Tenney at the Turn of the Century. Those emails are such a treat to receive--I have been shown again and again how far Tenney's reach extends! He sent me this photo, which he believes to be his great grandparents, Christof (Christ) and Helen (nee Kath) Zum Mallen, standing in front of their home in Tenney sometime in the 1902 to 1910 time frame. Their daughter, Malinda Zum Mallen, was born in Tenney in 1906 and she is this person's grandmother.


Can anybody who is familiar with some of the older buildings in Tenney identify this house? Obviously, it doesn't exist anymore, but given its size, it just seems that somebody might be able to identify it. The surrounding landscape is not clear, other than being quite sparse, so does not provide any clues.


Please keep sending me old-time photos of your Tenney people and Tenney places, as well as your Tenney stories. Email me at tenneyquilt@yahoo.com if you prefer to communicate that way. I love to hear from you.

No comments: